DHA Licensed Home Health Nurse Assistant
The Nurse Assistant will be required to provide clinical care to patients within their home. The Nurse Assistant will perform general nursing care and provide a safe and comfortable environment for the patient being cared for. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in skilled nursing care, and be able to show compassion and empathy towards patients.
- Wound care, tracheostomy and peg tube care, personal hygiene care including continence management, Urinary catheter insertion – both male and female, IV cannulation and infusion phlebotomy and taking vital signs.
- Administer medications as prescribed by a physician and understand the possible side effects and adverse reactions. Be competent at administering by all routes; Oral, IV, PR, PV, Subcutaneously, Intramuscular, sublingual and topically.
- Competent in managing Diabetic patients and possible adverse events of diabetes.
- Communicate effectively with patients in an appropriate manner that is relevant to the situation. Communicate and fully explain procedures to a client or reporting changes and sharing information with the patient and their family. Able to improve and maintain effective communication through the use of proper skills which could include - listening skills, verbal/non-verbal skills and questioning skills.
- Provide emotional support and companionship for patients.
- Accurately complete all nursing records as per DHA requirements.
- Respect confidentiality of patient information by ensuring that nursing documents and conversations pertaining to patient care are secure.
- Assist in providing a clean & safe care environment.
- Adhere to internal Infection Control Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Adhere to internal Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Report all incidents/concerns to the Care Manager as soon as possible and complete an incident report form.
- Take responsibility for own developmental learning and performance. Complete CMEs to maintain DHA license.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- A minimum of 2 years’ continuous experience working in a home care company or hospital (inpatient medical/ surgical/ICU wards)
- DHA license or eligibility
- Valid registration/license in country of graduation.
- Valid Good standing certificate from previous employer/licensing body.
- All educational certificates attested.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask
- Good rapport with patients
- Excellent Communication, fluent in written and spoken English.